Saturday, September 24, 2011

A small realization...

I had another great day here in Sicily with the family. Sleep is another issue though. But, the family is great! Today, they made homemade Sfincione- A Sicilian style pizza. It had onions, tomato sauce, cheese and oregano on it. My favorite! And yesterday, I got the chance to have homemade Sicilian Granita made with fresh lemons. It was delicious! I definitely can't complain about the food! :)

I came to a small realization today. I met with a friend yesterday and my cousin today who both said the same thing to me when I told them I had a job in Italy. They said, "Your dream has come true." It is true, it really has come true. I started on this adventure more than two years ago. Italy was the destination of choice for many years and actually pursuing the dream of living there started after I finished university. I found that there were a few stumbling blocks along the road but nothing was going to stop me :) I figured I needed to get the Italian citizenship if I wanted to work in Italy any time soon. I had the path set for me by my grandfather and all I needed to do was push through and get all the documents in order. A year later I became an Italian citizen. I took a little side trip to Turkey for a year but now my dream has become a reality. 

Sometimes when you get caught up in all the hustle and bustle, you forget why you are doing the things you do. My friend also told me that I am always moving, constantly traveling, which I feel is another factor in why it hasn't completely sunk in that I am in fact living my dream. This small realization has helped me stop and think about what I am doing. It has shown me that, in fact, "dreams can come true." (I guess I knew that already since I've grown up with DisneyWorld and do believe that all my dreams can come true :) ) 

On that note, I feel that this will be a great adventure. And, I hope you all enjoy the ride (through my blog that is :) )