Thursday, September 29, 2011

My love for music and dancing

I am back in Acerra, ready for my first day of work tomorrow. I am in my apartment unpacking and trying to organize when I recognize the beat. My body starts moving to the beat of a popular dance song. But, then it disappears. My body stops. Then it starts moving again as another song comes along. Then the song disappears into the distance and the cycle keeps repeating. I realized in terms of music, I will not have a problem living here. The music being blasted from the many car radios is not rap, but popular dance music. My favorite type of music :)

Yesterday, we visited a relative in Balestrate. While we were visiting, she insisted that we watch the DVD of her granddaughter's wedding. We were leaving as the dancing part of the wedding appeared on the screen. Of course, my favorite kind of music was being played, but then I noticed something. All of a sudden as soon as the first two or three beats of a particular song started to play the crowd got wild, screaming and jumping up and down in excitement. I thought to myself, those people are me. Do you know how many times I am at either a wedding, dance or club and I am the only one jumping up and down and screaming in excitement to dance to a particular song? Too many times to count. And here, a crowd does it. I don't feel so alone anymore. :) I definitely know where my love for music and dancing came from. :)

I feel like maybe I need to have a random dance party sometime soon. I think my body is craving one and the atmosphere surrounding me is definitely encouraging the idea! :)