Thursday, September 22, 2011

Italia does not sleep! ;)

I arrived in Acerra yesterday. I was welcomed by my new employers. They showed me my new apartment, which is very nice and has views of mountains and the cathedral. It is also surrounded by a middle school, elementary school, and preschool. Then they showed me the school. It is very nice as well. I met the secretary and the employers children. They all are very nice and welcoming. The view outside of the school is Mt. Vesuvius. It is quite large! :) I also got an Italian phone number. My phone number is +39 366 722 0808.

I went to sleep around 8:30 but couldn't fall asleep right away. There was so much activity outside. Then my employer called and said that there was a soccer match starting at nine so incase I heard lots of screaming nothing was wrong it would just be fans following the game. I didn't hear much since I did fall asleep shortly after. I woke up around midnight and 5 am and again there was a lot of activity outside. Then I woke up Thursday to lots of activity. It was around 7 am and everyone was awake. I should be used to this since I have experienced it many times but it still amazes me. I'm sure I won't even notice it in a few days...

Now I am up. We are going to try to exchange my money at the bank this morning. Then I fly out this afternoon to visit my relatives in Sicily.

Forgot to mention about the food. When I arrived in Acerra my employer, Ipolita and her husband, Michelangelo, gave me some leftover pasta from their lunch. Pasta with green beans and olive oil. Simple but delicious. It just tastes so much better here. I am looking forward to eating delicious food this year! :)

Hope everyone is well. The Internet is an issue at the moment so until I get that you will all have to bear with me. Until I write again.

Angela