Sunday, February 26, 2012

A little taste of winter

This weekend, I went to the mountains. It was the first time we had been there since the snow storm of the century! We saw pictures just a week ago that showed lots of snow. I was hoping that maybe within one week the snow would have melted or at least be less. We arrived and thank goodness there was hardly any snow in sight! It was a beautiful sunny day! There was a little pile in the back of the house that was just enough for the girls to play and enjoy the snow. I appreciated not having to walk in it! It was perfect!





Today, we went to the market and got fresh cheese, produce, and meat. We also went to the neighbor's house for fresh ricotta. While we were there we saw the animals enjoying the fresh air. Goats, sheep, and lambs were posing for the camera. Aren't they cute! :)






I also helped Ipolita's family finish their puzzle of the Sistine Chapel. I had studied it in art history and have visited it four or five times but I have never looked at it and noticed every little detail before. Now, I can say I recognize a lot of faces and details. :) I have learned that getting puzzles of famous works of art makes you appreciate and notice every detail of the artwork! 

Overall, it was another wonderful weekend in the mountains. It was beautiful! And we got a taste of winter!