Thursday, October 13, 2011

More food....

Sorry for the food, but this blog is about food too :) I wanted to share what I had for lunch today. I had fresh vegetables. My usual combination, onion, garlic, zucchini and tomatoes. I don't know why but I just love this mixture of vegetables. As I was cutting everything up to throw into the pan I was tempted by the bright colors of the tomatoes and try one. I did. And of course, it was delicious. So I told myself to leave some out and just eat them plain. I prepared another plate and put the tomatoes on the plate, drizzled some olive oil and sprinkled on some salt. They were delicious!

As I was eating the other plate, which I wasn't able to finish of course, I was thinking about my previous trip to Roma. It was in April of 2010. Aunt Sherry and Uncle Tom hadn't arrived in Rome yet and I was hungry, so for dinner I went to a restaurant down the street from my hostel. The name of the restaurant was Angelina's. I thought the name was appropriate so why not try it! I walked in and asked for a table for one. I sat down opened the menu and saw a pasta dish titled "Pasta d'Angelina." I looked at it and what was it...My pasta! The pasta I make all the time! I think it has something to do with the name. So I ordered it. They brought it out and sure enough, it was pasta with onion, garlic, zucchini and tomatoes. Random huh!? I guess it is all in the name.... :)