Friday, October 14, 2011

Italy=Party

So, I have been trying to figure out when to write this post. Ever since my first night in Acerra, I have heard loud noises. Yes, there are the car horns, people talking even though sometimes it sounds like they are screaming, but there is another noise. It sounds like a gun shot. Then I thought, maybe fireworks. But then the noise stops after a few minutes. I couldn't figure it out. Then a couple nights after I first heard the noise, I was with Simona and her friend, and I saw the bright colors in the sky. Sure enough, it was fireworks! I asked them,"why are there fireworks?"They said jokingly that in Italy everyday is a "festa," a party. I like that attitude! :)

And of course, every night, rain or shine, there have been fireworks. They only go off for a few minutes every night but they are a nice reminder that I live in a country where everyday is a party! I don't know why it is a party, maybe in celebration of a saint's day, since there is a saint's day every day of the calendar, or for some other reason. But either way, I enjoy the mentality of living each day as a party, a celebration of some sort. It is such a great reminder on how to live our lives. I don't know the exact data but I have a feeling Italians enjoy their lives much more than Americans, I mean come on, they get four hours off during the afternoon to take naps! :)

Mostly, I enjoy the attitude of the Italian people. Yes, now times have changed where people are working more and not getting to live the normal Italian way of life, but they still manage to encompass the Italian mentality that you must work to live not live to work. Family always comes first, not work.

On that note, I wish you all the best to a nice relaxing weekend! Remember to live each day as if it was a celebration or a party! :) I know I will! :)