Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Food: Bring It On!

I have been slacking but for the majority of April, the weather has been very gloomy, rainy and depressing. I even got into a slump. But now as we near the end of the month I am gaining momentum for the coming month. I hope that May will be sunny and warm every day!

In the mean time, the food part of my life has not stopped. I don't think it would ever stop while living in Italy. Two weeks ago, I went to Ipolita's aunt's house for Sunday lunch. The pictures are of the meal:



Antipasti














First course: Minestra: Soup with vegetables and meat-traditional for holidays
Second Course: Lasagna


Third course: Chicken
Third course: salad
Third course: potatoes
Third course: Artichokes

Fourth course: Snack mix
Fruit
Dessert: Colomba (Traditional Easter bread/cake)

This past weekend, I spent the majority of my time with my student, Imma. I ate lunch at her house on Friday. The pictures are below. But, when I was there, her mother told me that I was coming to their house on Sunday for lunch. It took 5 seconds and the plans had already been made. I had even communicated to her that I don't like fish. :)

Pasta with fresh tomatoes of Sorrento


Tuna and tomatoes on bread
Tuna, tomatoes, and corn on bread
Baked fish and baked cheese with ham 
Saturday, I went with Imma and her friends out dancing! It was my first time since living in Italy that I had been to a "disco." There were about 8 of us. I had a great time. As soon as I walked in I started dancing and didn't stop dancing until I got into the car to go home.


No explanation needed. 
Sunday, I went to Imma's house for lunch as planned. Her family was very hospitable and enjoyed learning about me and my life back in America. They fed me very well, pictures are below. They even opened a bottle of grappa that resulted in me taking 3 shots with her parents. Apparently, I like grappa :) Her family is very liberal, outgoing, free spirited and modern. The entire family does salsa! They had a salsa session after lunch. What a great way to work off that Sunday lunch, right! Overall, I had a wonderful day at Imma's house and they even invited me to come back!


Pasta with mushrooms, peppers, sausage, cheese and a cream sauce

Potato and ham bake

2nd course: potato and ham bake, peppers, sausage and potatoes

Dessert: Caprese, sfogliatella, baba, and ricotta e coconut cake

chocolate cake

chocolate

 the dessert and liqueur

More dessert, which was eaten hours after lunch :) 
Overall, I had a great weekend! Thanks Imma!