Friday, April 20, 2012

a dream becoming a reality

Yes, I am living my dream every day, but a few days ago, I realized something new. My Italian is improving. It is a wonderful thing but at the same time I am feeling bittersweet about it. I feel as if the fantasy and exoticness of the Italian language is disappearing. Before, I couldn't understand so I just enjoyed listening to the melody and the rhythm of the language. Now, I am able to understand and make words out of the melody and rhythms. I guess I am growing. I still enjoy listening to the language but now I am part of it. I feel as if it now belongs to me. Before, I was always reaching and searching to find it and understand it. Now, I have moved to a new stage. I am no longer reaching or searching, I have it in my hands and all I have to do is to continue to hold on to it.