Sunday, December 9, 2012

I love being an adult!

I am an adult. I have been for over 7 years legally. I think mentally I have been an adult for more than that. I tell myself these things but sometimes it doesn't sink it. But, yes, I am an adult. And recently, I have realized how I am becoming more and more of an adult every day. For me, I have realized this through food. When I was a child, I was the pickiest eater. Now I love everything, except fish. I found myself crossing into a new realm a few weeks ago. I cook often and I do enjoy my cooking but every now and then I surprise myself. One night, a week or so ago, I came home after a long day at work and decided to make something fast to eat. I was fighting allergies and sinuses and I decided to make soup. Ok, I like soup, something I have recently, within the past few years, admitted to myself. But, then something popped into my head. An egg. What? No! But I found myself reaching into the refrigerator for the egg. I was going to make egg soup/pasta. I don't know the name but my grandmother would make this at least once while we were at her house for Christmas every year. And, I hated it! I thought it was gross! I remember and could actually hear my deceased grandfather say this as I was making it, "Oh this stuff is good!" 

Why are grandparents/parents always right!?! Well I made it and ate it. My throat and sinuses felt better and I actually liked it, a lot! 

The picture doesn't look that appealing but you will have to trust me, it was good. :) 

The whole experience made me realize that I was an adult and I enjoy liking things that I didn't like as a child. I was finally growing up! I also realized that I am becoming like my family! How did I know how to make this? I hated it, why would I remember how to make it. I had never made it before. The last time I had it had to have been years ago....but somehow I managed to make it very fast and accurately. 



This is my specialty dish. I never liked zucchini. Now this is my staple meal. My favorite. Zucchini, tomatoes, onions and cheese. :) Another reason I love being an adult. 


Here is my conclusion to why I love being an adult....First, vegetable soup. I never liked soups and here I am making them all the time! I can't stop eating it tastes so good! :) Healthy and so unlike my childhood self. And finally, Wine. By far my favorite reason for being an adult! :) 


Just felt like sharing. :)