Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Adventures in Italy with my Madre!

My mother has returned home. Now, I just want to reflect and say how wonderful it was having my mother with me in Italy.

For this past year, I wanted my mom to experience everything that I was experiencing. I felt guilty that I was experiencing all these wonderful things and mom was at home. I am glad that she has finally retired and can enjoy life. I think she truly enjoyed her time here. She got the chance to see where I live, taste all the deliciousness that I taste everyday and meet all the wonderful people that are in my life here. She even said to me before she left that she was going to miss everyone very much. They all said they hope to see her again so I think the feelings were reciprocated. Hopefully she will return, I know that she would like to.

Overall, I was glad that I was able to give her the opportunity to communicate better with our family in Sicily. Allow her to participate in the family research and visit the towns where her grandparents and great grandparents were born. It is a nice feeling when I go but I never met those people so I am glad she got to have that special moment.

It was definitely a special time with my Madre and I will never forget it. I know she felt the same way and enjoyed all the food too! :) We are related after all :)