Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Christmas Vacation

I know many of you have been waiting a long time for a blog post. I apologize. I was on vacation and got caught up with the festivities surrounding Christmas. I had a wonderful time back home. It went by very fast but it was great to see everyone! My grandma is doing great, chatted about life and even spoke some Italian :) She even said a couple of times to me, "Why are you going to Italy? Stay in America!" I told her that I work there so she allowed me to return :)

We ate a lot of food including homemade Italian sausage made by my aunt, Italian cheeses, olives, etc. We spent a lot of time with family, friends and neighbors. We even made a trip to see Mickey! Mom and I ran the 5K. It was a first for both of us and we had a blast! The following day though, we went on separate planes back to reality.

I wasn't sure how I would react coming back to Italy. I didn't know if I would fight it or embrace it. It turns out that I didn't like leaving my mom but coming back to Italy felt right. It felt like I was going home. :) As soon as I returned I got back into the swing of things and can't believe that it has already been one week. All is well and nothing changed while I was gone... Ogni giorno รจ una festa! Fireworks and celebrations continue....