Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's a good day...

Today was a good day. Actually this weekend has been great. Yesterday, I worked but had a lesson with one of my favorite students :) Then I returned home and spent the evening with great friends at a 25th wedding anniversary party. I was the photographer as usual as well as a topic of conversation. But, we all had a wonderful time and I enjoyed meeting new people. Plus, I saw the awesome "supermoon"last night. I didn't realize it was a "supermoon"but it was very pretty and I enjoyed looking into the night's sky last night! It was perfect!

Today, I went to church with my friends but on a Vespa. My first time ever on a Vespa :) It was fun! And, yes mother I did wear a helmet. :) After church we went to the cafe for coffee. But, the music was playing and appetizers were spread out on the counter. It was Happy Hour at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I like it! After the cafe we went to place our bets for the sunday football games. I picked for 3 games. They said if my picks won, we would all go somewhere fun.

After the bets, I went to my boss' house for lunch. We had antipasti: cheese, meat, bread, eggplant, artichokes, and peppers. Then we had pasta with sauce and some chunks of meat. I thought that was it....nope. Then the meat came out and went to be grilled. The salad got put on the table and we ate the second course. After the second course, we had coffee and dessert. Once we fattened ourselves up we went to do a little exercising called Shopping :) We went to Ikea. If anyone knows me well you will know that statement equals something problematic. I made a list of a couple of items. I walked out the door with much more than that. I guess it is good I don't have a car. I can't go every day :)

After our exercise and our .40 cent ice cream cone, we returned home. I carried my "grande" size bag up four flights of stairs, dropped off my bag and grabbed my voter id card. I ran back down the stairs and walked across the street with my boss to my voting area. Today was the first day of elections for mayor and city councilor. I will write a post entirely about the election in Italy later. But, I voted! I asked my boss if they had a little sticker that said "I voted" like they do in the USA but they didn't. Instead I got a stamp on my voter id card. It reminds me of a passport with all the different stamps.

I came home called the madre and talked with my aunt and uncle who were visiting her. We talked about family history and I helped give some facts. Then fireworks went off and I could see them from my balcony. People are just too kind to light fireworks just for me :) I love it!

Overall, I had a wonderful day and thank you to everyone who made it possible! :)