Monday, March 12, 2012

A Spontaneous Morning

Today, I had no lessons in the morning. I planned in my head, a slow paced morning getting a lot accomplished. I did get another tank of gas. In Italy, they have two methods on getting gas to your house. They have either the pipeline that runs to each house or individual tanks of gas. I use the individual tanks of gas because it is more of a pay as you go kind of thing instead of getting a monthly bill. I was getting worried because I don't want the gas to run out while I am taking a shower. I hate cold water during a shower! Anyways, the gas guy came and delivered the extra tank, now I don't have to worry about having hot water or not.

I was still in my pajamas when my new buddies called and said they needed my documents to get my ticket for the soccer match. Then the next thing I knew I was going with them since I didn't have to work until this afternoon. I got ready in 15 minutes and we headed for Naples. In the car, one mother called and asked when her son would be home for lunch. When he explained that he wouldn't be home in time for lunch and that he would get something else, she kept asking him when he would eat because she had to make sure her son got fed. This is the classic scenario of a mother/son relationship. The mothers always make sure their children are fed. So after the one mother called, the other guy called his mother to let her know the same thing and again, I heard the son say "don't worry!" I laughed because no matter how old the child is the mothers worry about whether or not they get a good meal in them!

One of the guys had to speak to his professor and therefore we went to the university. I was quite excited because I like visiting universities in other countries. I just like to see what they are like. Anyways, we walked towards the building and I was shocked. It was a very modern building hidden among the old architecture of Naples. Universities in Italy are not like American universities in terms of students living on campus. The campus in Naples is scattered throughout the city. The particular building we were at was the law building, I think. As we were browsing I noticed a classroom door open with a view that seemed fake. I had to see it for myself. I peeked in the classroom and saw a professor talking with students. My friend told me to go in anyways since we were in the back. I saw the view. It was breathtaking, amazing, just absolutely beautiful. My friend said "Just imagine you are a student here.. how would you be able to concentrate!"

So would you be able to concentrate with a view like this!??
Afterwards, we left the university and headed towards home. I was able to see the sea in the daylight. Another first for me. Naples is very beautiful. 

I love spontaneous trips!