Saturday, March 17, 2012

Primavera (Spring) has arrived :)

Today is another beautiful day in Italy. It is also St. Patrick's Day! This morning, I went running with the guys. We got to the park a little later than usual. There were a lot of people. The guys were picking on each other because we were late. But, I found it to be a nice experience. It was like a movie :) We ran alongside strollers, children riding their bikes, children running, elderly couples holding hands, elderly couples sitting on the park benches, teenagers in their groups, people running, dogs running, and plastic soccer balls flying everywhere. There were even a few times as we were running that my friend had to stop running to help kick a flying ball back to the owner. It was nice to see everyone out and about. There is a quiet area of the park as well that we run through. It was nice today because flowers were popping up out of the ground and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. I felt spring's presence for sure. As we drove home, I saw the plum trees in full blossom too! They are beautiful! Also, the yellow color from the broccoli plants was so vibrant and everywhere. Everything just seems to be happy and full of life! I love this time of year!!!! :)

I also wanted to mention about last night. Last night, I went with a few buddies from the group to a concert. It was classical but had a fast pace and lots of rhythm. The musicians are friends of my friend. There are only two members in the group, a flute player and a pianist. Their music is very nice. I got a picture taken with them, a cd and their autographs on the cd! It was a fun night! I had a lot of fun with my friends too. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time :)