Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Ok, it is now November 1st. I can't slack!

Halloween! As you read in my pumpkin carving post, I carved pumpkins :) Then on Sunday, I joined Ipolita and her mother to make pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. It was a day for baking! We baked around seven pumpkin pies and one pumpkin cheesecake! They tasted great! Of course we had to taste them before giving them to people :) Here is the finished product.




Monday, Halloween day, I woke up early because I still hadn't adjusted to the change in time due to daylight savings time from the day before. I made made the Rice Krispie treats for the Halloween party at school. Then I started to watch Practical Magic before I went to work. I got about half way and then I needed to get ready and do my make up to be a witch. I went to school and was impressed with all the costumes! The children really got into it! We played games, did arts and crafts, and did other Halloween worksheets. Then afterwards the children got to eat all the snacks we had for them. There was pumpkin pie, rice krispie treats, chips, popcorn, candy bars, donuts (a parent brought them- how generous!) and drinks. Overall, I think it was a fun night! :) After the party, I returned home and finished watching Practical Magic then once it finished I watched Hocus Pocus. 

My Rice Krispie Treats





Today, November 1st, is All Saint's Day. It is a National holiday in Italy. Everyone had the day off (well most people.) I had lunch with Ipolita and her family. Afterwards, we went to Naples. Here are some pictures of Naples. 

The Galleria






Naples Coast

Castle dell' Ovo




 Overall, we had beautiful scenery, tasty gelato, and great company! A wonderful way to end the day :)