Saturday, March 9, 2013

I'm the Party Teacher :)

So recently, I have been given the title of being the "Party Teacher." A few weeks ago, I switched classes with Ipolita so her class could have more practice with conversation, while she did reviewed grammar with my class....

Well, I was asking the students what they did over the weekend, when one student said he celebrated his birthday. He then informed me that his wife had made a cake for his birthday and he had brought it for class! So of course, we sang Happy Birthday and ate cheesecake!



....But what is funny is that Ipolita's class never celebrates anything and this was the first time and I just happened to be covering her class that day :) My class always parties and her class is jealous of our parties, even though we do share. ;) But, the one day I switch they have a party, it must mean that I brought the party or the party followed me. And there is apparently a Neapolitan proverb that says "What Maria wants, comes to Maria." My name is now "Maria Angela." :)

Since then, my classes have continued to party... And, I am the Party Teacher/Maria Angela :)

And it goes to show "Ogni giorno รจ una festa" in Italy or at least when I am around. Before I thought it was just Italy but maybe it is what Italy does to me :)

A student brought Sicilian cookies for his birthday :) 


A student in high school made her own birthday cake, delicious :) 

I tried to make chocolate chip cookies, more difficult using different ovens and ingredients, for a birthday party at school...