Sunday, February 10, 2013

Good Company :)

I know I haven't written in a long time but I haven't been eating a lot so I don't have much for a blog post :) But, it is now getting into the season where food will become a priority! :)
Carnevale is among us and will officially take place on Tuesday, although festivities have already been initiated. Yesterday, Ipolita and her family made Migliaccio, a semolina cake and Chiacchiere, fried strips of dough...
.







Today, the town started to come alive in honor of Carnevale. The children filled the streets in their costumes. They were all so cute! :)

Today, I went to my student, Stefania's house. It was her birthday so we had a party :) We ate a lot too! But of course it was all delicious!



Delicious! Bruschetta!

Lasagna



I learned something new in regards to bread....The end piece is called Cuzzitiello in Napolitano. Apparently, it is the piece everyone fights for :) The bread was very good :)  

Cutlets- Pork, Beef and Chicken

Fried Artichoke hearts- delicious!


The blood oranges came from Catania, Sicily

The sunset

Homemade limoncello


I made cheesecake for Stefania...

Stefania's Birthday Cake
We had a nice time together. We laughed a lot and our conversation was in English/Italian. Everyone around the table understood English quite well. I was impressed! But, we used both languages... Some memorable topics of discussion were about when you ask for directions and then the person giving directions asks you to repeat what they said like it is an exam...which has happened many times to me! I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. We also talked about the origins of our meal and how it is quite the international meal since oranges are originally from China/Portugal...there was a big debate about that...then we talked about the origins of Native Americans...It was a very pleasant and lovely Sunday with Stefania and her family. They were very gracious and invited me back whenever I wanted. Thank you Stefania and family! :) Can't wait until next time! Looking forward to more laughs! :)