Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mom's Adventures in Napoli

Last week, Mom and I decided to go to Napoli for the day.

We started the day by arriving at the station. From there we headed to the bakery that sells the best sfogliatella but it was closed :( I was bummed! So instead we headed for our first stop. The Underground Tour. We were early so we went to a little cafe and ordered sfogliatella for breakfast. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. I don't know what was I thinking!!

Afterwards, we took the Underground Tour of Naples. Mom enjoyed her time and enjoyed learning about all the history. She even liked walking through small narrow passages in the dark! :) Not entirely, every so often she would yell "Angela, you are walking too fast! I can't see!" :)






After the tour, we headed for lunch. We stopped at a pizzeria and had pizza of course! :) Mom got a pizza with ricotta, zucchini, salami and pepper. I got the vegetable pizza. 



After pizza we headed to the National Archeological Museum. Mom enjoyed seeing all the items they found from Pompei. She especially liked the kitchenware. :) 









After our time at the museum, we walked back and headed home. But first we had to stop for gelato! :) It was a good day and we both got our walking in for the day!